The Jacaranda Foundation educates and cares for the most vulnerable children in Malawi and supports their families and the surrounding community.
In addition to free primary and secondary education, the Jacaranda Foundation, which runs the Jacaranda School, provides their students with: daily nutrition; AIDS awareness activities; medical care; music, arts and sports enrichment programs; and university scholarships to selected high school graduates. In 2018 they will complete the construction of a vocational school and a preschool, ensuring the youngest students are given a solid educational foundation and the oldest students are given the skills to find employment.
The leadership at Jacaranda understands that in order for their students to thrive, students’ families and the adjacent communities also need support. With this in mind, the Jacaranda Foundation provides community outreach including: construction of students' houses and monthly financial support to their most impoverished families; the construction of libraries and literacy programs; a microfinance program; and physiotherapy support to severely handicapped children.
Our School-Based Programs Include:
- Free Primary and Secondary Education
- Daily nutrition to all students
- AIDS awareness activities
- Music, arts and sports enrichment
- University scholarships to selected Jacaranda students
- Medical care, including a fully stocked school clinic and staff nurse
- Vocational school and preschool programming in 2018
Our Community Initiatives Include:
- Library construction and literacy outreach at nearby schools and in the community
- Microfinance to enable mothers to generate revenue for their families
- Care for severely handicapped children through a community clinic